Monday, December 17, 2012

Mathematics

Guess what people!

You've got to guess!

Fine, I'll tell you. There is a new breakthrough in math.

1 + 1  =  3*

Get it?

No?

I'll tell you then.

The Compensator family is having a baby. In June we will hear the pitter patter of little Compensator/Gordita feet. We are excited, thrilled really. We have waited for this for so long. However, there's still a twinge of panic for both of us. Funny how you can want something for so long, and then when it happens you feel completely unprepared. At any rate, we are excited to have a little person in our lives. 

On that note, I've been sick, but now that I'm out of my first trimester I am starting to feel better little by little. My waistline is increasing and fewer and fewer of my clothes fit. It's a bit alarming, and I find it difficult to be okay with the increased girth, but rationally I know that this has to happen, and that it's all for the little one's good. 

Artist's rendering of future baby The Compensator.



Some time I'll bore you with all of the strange and interesting symptoms of pregnancy. I find it all fascinating, if not a little odd and sometimes frustrating.




*TC, the family doctor and scientist who spends most of his days with mathematics had nothing to do with this gross miscalculation. In fact, if he knew I put that on our blog, he'd probably cringe at least a little, and maybe begin a tirade on the importance of mathematics in our lives. But really, that's why I love him. 

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have a little Rodriguez in our family! Aunt Kimmie loves the little children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats!!!! How exciting. I blame pregnancy hormones for the weird feelings regarding my pregnant figure. Logically it's magical, necessary, beautiful. Emotionally it's nuts. Dumb. I blame hormones, or something. Glad you are feeling well. Hurray for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay!!! I am so excited for you!! I, for one, would love to hear your take on pregnancy as I am sure it would be a kick to read. You are so funny. Anyway, congratulations!! Who is your doc by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEST NEWS EVER!!! Congratulations!! I definitely want to hear all your strange and interesting pregnancy symptoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! I'm so very happy for you guys. And I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy and experiences around this new little addition in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kiddo is so so lucky to have you two as parents. talk about a fun family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO so SO happy for you guys! I'm positive that your little one will be everything cool and cute. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAN'T tell you how excited I am for you!!!

    xoxo

    PS So jealous that your baby is going to have the cutest clothes EVER. ( :

    YAY!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! Your baby is going to be soooo darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best news EVER!!! I am thrilled beyond words, really. YOU will be an awesome mommy and Ivan will be an awesome daddy. I just know.
    With your waistline increasing, can you believe we ever asked our primary teachers and YW leaders if they were pregnant? I'm horrified at the tactless behavior from my youth. :-)
    Spill all the details of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! Pregnancy stinks, but babies are wonderful. You'll be a great mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah!! Still jumping for joy! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for your family! Your baby will be one cute, stylish baby for sure. And hearing your take on pregnancy will no doubt be an amusing read :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.