Monday, April 21, 2008

Wow! My own blog!

This is one of the most exciting days of my life. I have a blog. I will, of course, share this blog with TC, allowing him to include data and thoughts of his own; however, I am so incredibly excited to join the wonderful world of blogging!

To kick off this exciting event, I will share with you all my adventure in making cinnamon rolls yesterday. For some reason, I often feel the overwhelming need to bake on Sunday afternoons. So, I decided to bake cinnamon rolls with the help of my bread machine. Apparently the recipe I was using was a little bit large for my machine, because when I woke up from my nap (another overwhelming Sunday need) 2 hours later, the dough had expanded to fill every nook and crevice of the machine. It was quite a mess. But I decided to ignore that and make my rolls, because I was hungry and impatient, both common sentiments for me.

So I rolled out the dough, spread butter, sugar and cinnamon on it, rolled it up and cut into 48 little rolls. I allowed them to rise for 30 minutes (while I cleaned the encrusted cinnamon roll dough off of the inside of the machine), then baked them to a golden splendor. The aroma was delightful! After icing them, they were ready to be devoured.

We were grateful that our neighbors Jared and Sarah came over for a quick visit. We were able to share our baked goods with them, and I even brought some to work to share with co-workers. I'm so glad for the theraputic qualities of baked goods on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.