Friday, August 20, 2010

Fashion Forward Friday

Nautical Stripes are one of those trends that really never go out of style. They are classic, timeless and span decades as a style that just doesn't go out of style. Read more about it on Bazaar here.


First I'll share with you some current examples.



Spring 2010







And now I'll show you some older examples.


Classic Examples
Audrey Hepburn






Jackie Kennedy




Jean Seberg


Me circa 1988.


Now before you drop everything you know about fashion to follow me blindly, let me point out to you the navy blue knit culottes I'm wearing. Yeah, that's pretty much how we did it in the 80s: pair one classic style (nautical stripes) with one in the now and never again style (knit culottes). 

Conclusion: nautical stripes classic and awesome; culottes are not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.