Monday, January 19, 2009

How to lose 3 lbs in 1 day!

I have the secret, though I wouldn't recommend it: get a stomach bug which doesn't allow you to keep anything down, not even Powerade. And losing these three pounds puts me 1.5 pounds away from my goal weight. Wow! So there's the secret folks.

Now that I'm feeling better (weak, but able to drink Powerade and eat saltines), all I want is some of the healing goodness of McDonald's Chicken McNuggets dipped in honey. I'm not sure of the origin of this "need" but when I'm not feeling good all I want are chicken mcnuggets. The sad thing is that our car is in the shop, and there are no McDonald's within walking distance (not that I could walk there anyway). Sad. So sad.

So I'm whining about not being able to get my nuggets and honey when there are worse things that I could be going through. With that realization I'll end it there.

The secret to rapid weight loss is unpleasant and not healthy, but losing 3 pounds in one day is possible. Keeping it off is a whole different story.

6 comments:

  1. That's what I need...a good ol' case of the stomach flu. We just started a biggest loser competition in out new ward. I've got a few post-partum lbs to lose. When you have gotten your chicken nuggets and strength back, you need to come to our house.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why i haven't seen a new blog! I knew something was up! I'm always excited to see what you will write.
    And, I'm sorry you got sick like that. That's my worse nightmare.. stomach flu/bug. I empathize with you. I hope you recover quickly.
    Thanks for you comment! Always much appreciated, and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my least favorite, yet most effective, ways of losing weight quick. And true, I am never able to keep it off, gosh darn it. Good luck with that one. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eating my nuggets with honey too! Sorry you're sick though. Do you need me to bring you some for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost 5 with my flu, now I am only 4 away from my goal. How awesome is that???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I need the secret for losing 30 pounds in 3 months. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.