Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dr. Grumpypants, MD

Several years ago, when I was searching for a doctor, I came across Dr. Grumpypants, only then he was known as Dr. Cool. TC and I both liked him. So I've been seeing him for the past several years.

Last week Dr. Grumpypants held my thyroid medication hostage (I have a lazy, under-active thyroid) until I let them take five vials of blood (my blood). So they took my blood, and I felt sick for the rest of the evening.

Any who, Dr. G's assistant, who calls me "Hon," called me hon on the phone several times while she told me that the Dr. wanted to talk to me about my results. Long story short: my lazy thyroid has gotten lazier and I need to increase my meds (could this be why I'm having trouble losing these ten or so pounds that won't come off, no matter how faithful to WW I am?), I'm anemic, and vitamin D deficient. The main symptom for all three problems: fatigue. No wonder I'm exhausted all the time.

The good news is that my problems are easily corrected with meds. The bad news is that now I'm taking so much stuff that I bought a daily pill organizer thingy. I feel old. The other good news is that Dr. Grumpypants was back to his old Dr. Cool self. It seems he likes me better when I have a chronic illness he can solve for me. He didn't go to four years of Grumpy Pants Medical School to be called mister.


On to shoes of the day. On Monday I wore these babies:

Steve Madden red peep toe pumps. We bought them a few years back from Nordstrom Rack. I love them!

On Tuesday, I spent the work day doing all sorts of manual labor, so I wore my flats all day. No photo. All that work wiped me out!

Today, I wore these:

Mudd brand pumps I bought at Sears several years ago. I only made it a few hours at work before the psychosomatic effect of knowing what was wrong with me, paired with the exhaustion from yesterday, took over and I had to come home to sleep. A long nap later, and I feel slightly less tired.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your thyroid. I hope Dr. Grumpypants/Sometimescoolpants is helping you. Do you need anything? Cause you should tell us if you do. So, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon. All I need right now is sleep. :) But if there is anything you can do for me, like when I was really sick and you got me chicken Mcnuggets, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so frustrating! I'm sorry about your thyroid. I am always tired too. ALWAYS. I sleep plenty, and then I'm up for a few hrs and feel like I need a nap. I was tested for anemia and thyroid level, and I am fine. Maybe I should take some vitamin D. I have always been like that, but more so in the last few years.
    I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least you now know why you're exhausted and can fix it. And I LOVE your shoes, yet again. I can't wait to be able to wear high heels again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Toledo Gordita!!

    I too have a low thyroid, anemia, and low vitamin D.

    I guess all the cool girls are doing it now.

    It's panful to be a trendsetter, and yet, I see no other option.

    Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.