Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies: Soft at last!

I know, I know. I'm interrupting my riveting postings about the trip (Is it wrong that I'm bored with talking about the trip? I went on a trip. Yada yada yada I had fun.) to tell you something unrelated. But I'm so excited I can hardly contain it.

I made chocolate chip cookies last night and I took the advice that Heidi, Shannon and Brianne gave which was to under bake, and not to use butter. So, I used margarine instead of butter. The dough was spongy and whipped cream like which worried me. Plus, it was really sticky (which just meant I had to lick my fingers a lot). But I pressed on. I also pulled the cookies out well before they seemed done and voila! This morning TC and I have soft cookies.

They are still soft people, even after an evening in the cookie jar. It's a miracle. Or it's because I followed good advice. Or a combination. All I know is that the cookie gods got together and decided to bestow upon me the blessing of non-tooth-breaking cookies.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Sounds tasty. I could seriously go for some of those right now... :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.