Monday, July 28, 2008

Bright Copper Kettles and Warm Woolen Mittens




Nesquik Chocolate Powder has become one of my favorite things. When I want a snack after dinner, a glass of chocolate milk is not only satisfying, but it is a better snack choice than purely empty calories found in snack foods such as chips or ice cream.


TC actually deserves all the credit for my new-found love of chocolate milk. He has known the value of this sweet treat for years. Growing up with meals like afternoon merienda, which typically consists of chocolate milk and cookies, he has long since been familiar with this new staple of mine. Thanks to my dear husband, now I know how much I love chocolate milk!


At Costco (one of my other favorites, but a subject for another day) you can buy a 48 oz. container of Nesquik for around $6. It's a steal! Some of you may say, "But I can't drink that much chocolate milk." I say, "This is where you are wrong dear friends." You would be surprised how much one can consume when one is faced with large portions of food items. Seriously though, if you have just one serving per day for 85 days, or close to three months, you will have completed the enjoyable task of consuming all of the chocolate milk powder in your super-sized tub long before the shelf life expires.


Lastly, aside from the excessively low price at Costco, another of the powder's virtues is that it is fortified with vitamins and minerals such as calcium carbonate, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), zinc oxide, vitamin B6, copper, manganese and biotin.


Thank you for reading this week's edition of Kristina's favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.