Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Silk dress

Here is a photo of the dress. Never mind the doofus look on my face or the contorted pose. I never knew how hard it is to take photos of myself where I'm trying not to look silly.


And here is a photo of the zipper that lays flat, my pride and joy.


The pattern is McCalls 5579. I made view C.




Updated photos: (Sept 2010)











Since I am rather self-conscious about my shoulders and the sleeves on this dress serve only to all attention to them, I usually throw on a cardigan. This tones down the sleeves and dresses it down a bit so I can wear it to a greater variety of places.

I used silk dupioni for this project. 



6 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Stunning! You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT ALL~ the dress, the pseudo-McCall's-esque pose, the flat zipper (on silk, no less)... Who knew you were so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I don't know if I will EVER have the courage/patience to make my own piece of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Awesome job! It's a great color on you too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.