Friday, April 24, 2009

Yet another reason I am called Gordita

No matter my size, I will always be a gordita at heart. I get excited about food in a way that may perhaps concern other people. Yesterday, I decided to take a break from my usual low-calorie lunch and treat myself to a quesadilla from the cafeteria. I was so excited about it that I couldn't stand it. And as I stood waiting for the elevator to take me down to the cafeteria my boss asked me how I was doing as he passed by. I said, like a complete food-aholic psycho, "Great! I'm going have a quesadilla for lunch." "That's nice," was the response, to which I replied, "I know. I'm SO excited." And I twiddled my fingers in the air. Complete food dork, right?

But that's me. And that's why I'm a gordita.

Here's the latest news: I just found out today that Mother's Cookies closed shop. I don't know how I didn't hear this news months ago when it happened. I've been living in an elevator, or cave, or somewhere where I don't read the news. I completely missed this announcement and I'm feeling sick to my stomach to think that I may never have those pink and white circus animals again. It's been a long time since I've had any of those, but man I can't even count the number of times I nearly put myself in a sugar induced coma over-indulging in those sprinkled delights. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO UNIVERSE?

As anxiety rippled through me at the thought of never binging on circus animals again, I searched for more information. I found recipes for near-replicas, but I'm positive those won't do the trick. I found t-shirts bearing the image of the little animals, but unless that t-shirt is made of high-fructose corn syrup and flour then frosted and spinkled, I KNOW that's not going to do the trick.

There is, however, one bright ray of sunlight that shines through the clouds of my discontent: Kellogg's has plans to distribute Mother's Cookies in the company's absence.

After several minutes of panic, now the gordita can sigh a sigh of relief. I just gotta hang on until June.

6 comments:

  1. WHAT!? The circus animal cookies are no more!? I'm very concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sista! I LOVE those animal cookies and so does Franklin. Those were the only cookies I could bribe my kid with. He, unlike you and me, couldn't care less about food. Have I told you how much I love your posts? I love like I love me some frosted circus animals. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I could use one of those cafeteria quesadillas right now! As soon as you said it, I could taste it. I would wave my fingers in excitement, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was clobbered with this news on a recent trip to California. I tried the imitations - they were SO. NOT. GOOD. I hope Kellog's can fill the shoes (or, in this case, beltloops).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad someone else shares such joy in food like me! I serisouly get excited when I think of eating a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand. if a Gordita is also a category of person, than I am one as well. I could site so many examples, but will leave you with sixwords: my fantical love of sour cream. 'Nuff said?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.