Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby feet

I have nothing interesting to say, but I want to say something. Keeping my typing fingers to myself is not an option right now. So I thought I might tell you all a stupid story.

When we got back from Uruguay a few weeks back my feet had swelled up so much that they looked like puffy, chubby little baby feet. My toes looked minuscule in comparison to how fat my feet were. My ankles disappeared too. But mostly my feet looked horrid. Those puffy beasts wouldn't fit in any of my shoes, except flip flops for obvious reasons. In all the traveling we've done, I've never had any problems with water retention, but this time I was not immune. Honestly, to look down at my feet and see baby feet freaked me out a little bit. Okay, it freaked me out a lot bit. I might have cried a little bit. I might have cried a lot bit. I might have overreacted a little, or a lot. Maybe.

To make a stupid story short, I drank lots of water and walked around and the swelling in my baby feet went down after a day or two, and I could again see my foot bones. And then all was right with the world.

I wish I had a picture of the baby feet to show you all, but I was so appalled that I didn't take any pictures, and even if I had, I would probably be too vain to post it.

For not having anything to say, I said a lot. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.