Friday, October 2, 2009

Don't be surprised...

...if I don't make it through this winter. It was 40º this morning, which by no means is as cold as it's going to get, and I was freezing. FREEZING!

Wearing a jacket, my wool winter coat and a hat, I was cold. COLD! Granted, on the bottom I was only partially covered wearing a knee-length skirt and nylons. But let's look past that and focus on the fact that I was so cold.

As we were walking the two blocks to my work, I mentioned to TC that he should enjoy my presence now, while he can. Because some day, this winter, when I'm walking home from work, I'm going to die, and they are going to find me curled up on the sidewalk in a frozen little ball. A shriveled, shivering corpse.

Okay, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic. Corpses don't shiver. And I'm not going to curl up on the sidewalk. And if I did, there are enough passersby that at least one would take pity on me and walk me home, or at least throw a blanket over me. And it's not THAT cold. I mean, it's not like I live in the Arctic tundra. But seriously, what am I going to do when it's 20º outside? How about when it's in the teens? What will I do then?

TC suggested I get some leg warmers. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on being cold. You should definitely get leg warmers. You should have shannon knit you some. I should have shannon knit me some. Anyhow, your so stylish and cute you could definitely pull them off. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.