So kiddos, it's summer. Okay, so not technically. But, the days are getting longer, the flowers are blooming, summer thunderstorms roll through, it's warm (sometimes)... all these things indicate summer to me. Plus, having to keep myself better *ahem* groomed so I can wear shorts (I'm talking knee length people) has worked its way into my life.
So with longer days and warmer weather what are my goals? Where is my focus? Why am I even blogging about this?
I have the following goals for the next three months:
- Stop working.
- Start sewing again. I haven't touched my machine in two months now, and that makes me sad. Every once in a while I have an intimate moment with my fabric and patterns, hoping to rekindle my sewing mojo, but it seems to be on a hiatus. And what a shame too because my closet is pretty roomy since I cleared out my winter clothes. Here are the items I will work on once I recover from my laryngitis of mojo:
- Bright orange skirt with a bow waist.
- Jacket with cute sleeves in a fuchsia cotton with a white with fuchsia paisley cotton print for a lining. FUN!
- Shirt dress in a super cute cotton fabric that remains as of yet TBD.
- Finish the shorts that I started two years ago.
So my goals aren't really earth-shattering. But I share them with you because you're my friends. And because I like lists, and summer, and typing. So there you go.