Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crafty McQuiltington

Long ago (in May), in a galaxy far away (at the Sandy Expo Center), there was a quilt show that TC and I attended. I have never quilted anything in my life (I think I've tied a few quilts, like with yarn, but that's the extent of my experience), but I thought that seeing artistic creations would be a good way to get me excited, plus a good friend of ours invited us.

So we went. And yes, TC was nearly the only man there. And yes, most of the men in attendance hung around the food court looking bored to tears. 

But there was a lot of beauty to be seen. 

Like this lovely:




An easter quilt. I am amazed at how non-tacky this quilt is. It seems like so many Easter themed arts and crafts are kind of tacky. That's just my opinion though.



Americana. The flag actually has 50 stars. So detailed.



This bird quilt really caught my eye.

Too bad it's out of focus, but I do have a close up of one of the birds.



And then there were the quilts that looked like paintings. The detail was astounding.











Personally, I love this mustard quilt the best. The color is fantastic, and the stitching is so intricate. 


Lastly, I want to show you a quilt that only a true believe, a true fan, one completely devoted to the cause would make.









I think that regardless of your political persuasion, you can appreciate the dedication of the creator of this quilt. 

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to TC for going with you. I've wanted to get into quilting, but my kids are a somewhat limiting factor for me right now... I can just imagine having a bunch of pieces laid out just right and then one of my munchkins decides it would be fun to either rearrange the design with his feet, or even better--cut his own design with the existing fabric. Oh well; someday.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.