I started a new project: Vogue 1169.
I bought this pattern months ago when it first came out, and I've been waiting for the courage to give it a shot. I have a navy cotton rayon faille for the suit, and a fuchsia lining (TC's idea, which I think is fantastic).
My first step before doing anything on a new project is to read the instructions all the way through, so I have an idea of the difficulty and time that will be involved. Let me tell you, the instructions nearly scared me away. There are welt pockets and piping and pick-stitching. Despite the scariness of the project, I decided to press on. The other night I cut out the body of the suit, and it took me three hours (there are 32 pieces, which is a heck of a lot for a pattern). I still have to cut out all the interfacing and the lining. Whew.
Well after all of that cutting, I was feeling a bit discouraged about this project. So I did some research and I found flickr photos of one person's completed V1169. Her version is so adorable, that I kind of wish I was making mine in turquoise.
This is by far the most complicated project I've ever attempted. I'm excited, scared and nervous all wrapped up in one. Oh, and I decided to put a deadline on myself: I want to finish it by the end of July, less than two weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.