Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alphabet soup

A few months ago, I came across this print sold at Z Gallerie. Naturally, I was smitten. But the price and the lack of a need for an adorable alphabet zoo print deterred me from purchasing this little beauty. So, instead I decided to make my own. This is a long-term project (I'm thinking six months or so). I've done about 10 letters so far, and have tried to space out working on them so the art doesn't begin to look stale or repetitive.

Here's one little snag: I'm just learning to draw, and most of my drawings LOOK like I'm just learning to draw. So I've found line art of animals that I like and have used that as a base for each letter. Here's the line art before I get my grubby hands on it:




Here are a few samples of my work:

C is for Cat. A polka dotted cat looking at a dead fish.


G is for Goat, Billy. He's wearing a bow tie! Oh my goodness that's cute.


S is for turtleneck-wearing seal.



Z is for Zebra.


T is for T-Rex, a happy non-scary one.

6 comments:

  1. Kristina, these look great! I love them! You're very creative! I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. What program do you use to design?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! You are truly amazing and so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouragement ladies. Kim, I do the whole thing in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, so, so cute! I am impressed (as always) :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.