Thursday, January 28, 2010

What I ate on Tuesday: Panini with artichoke

So I've been reinterpreting recipes a lot lately. I substitute ingredients, skip them altogether, add things... So this time I made a panini based on a Cooking Light recipe, but I added ham, took out the mayo, and kept the artichoke hearts.

The ingredients: honey mustard, sourdough bread, sliced ham, cheddar cheese, and artichoke hearts. Oh, and a bit of it's not butter, but it's not margarine, but it is low cal type spread. And if you look closely, you can see me in the reflection of the Kitchen Aid. Ha.

So, I assembled the sandwiches, "buttered" the outside of the bread and popped it in the Foreman for about 5 minutes. I figured that using the Foreman would mean I didn't have to flip the sandwich, which can get tricky when I have such a loaded sandwich. And it worked wonderfully. Who needs a panini grill, when I have the Foreman?


It was delicious. The cheese was melty. The artichokes gave the sandwich a bit of a tangy bite. Definite do-over, although I doubt I'll recreate this sandwich exactly. It's too much fun to play with ingredients. I have definitely fallen in love with grilled sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.