Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursdee

Welcome to this Thursdee morning. The sun is shining, the air is cool and refreshing (or bitter cold), the sky is blue... Yay for Thursday.

After dinner (which was yellow rice and black eyed peas, a WW recipe, and was really good, but the turmeric I put in the rice cooker to flavor the rice and make it all yellow stained my rice cooker dealie to heck), we watched Human Target, and then I sewed for about an hour and a half. And I got nearly all the way through the houndstooth skirt. I just have some hand stitching to do while The Huz and I watch Bones and Fringe tonight, and voila! The houndstooth will be ready to wear. So that's pretty exciting.

I know this is kind of cheesy, but this is what's in my heart, and this IS my personal journal (ha ha, just trying to sound like SSB), but I need to pay tribute to the man in my life: The Huz, The Compensator, The Family Doctor. The other day when I came home from work with a butt face and began to sob as soon as I started to tell him about it, he was the one who let me cry on his shoulder and get my mascara all over his shirt. He was the one who told me not to go in to work for the rest of the week (but just for the record, I have been at work all week). He was the one who made a phone call to a contact he had that could help the situation. I have a protector, an advocate, a BFF that for some reason loves me even when I'm snotting all over his neck. So even though some parts of my life massively stink, TC makes the rest of my life not stink. Thank you TC.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to love my husband today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this isn't supposed to be a funny post, but I have to say, as soon as I read "butt face", I lost it. Genius!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.