1. We're taking a cruise with my family in April. It's a short 4 day dealie from San Diego to Ensenada and back. I'm excited.
2. I'm sleepy. I know, who cares right, since we're all kind of messed up from the time change. But seriously. I'm sleepy.
3. I've been playing around in Adobe Illustrator for work, and I really enjoy it. It's nice to be able to do something creative at work.
4. I finished the Peter Pan collar shirt, except I didn't sew on the buttons because I don't have the right ones. Off to the fabric store I suppose.
5. We didn't leave the house on Saturday, except to get mail downstairs. I like being lazy.
6. I have a new project in mind, a bright orange skirt with a bow at the waist like this one, which ironically I thought heavily about last week before this was even posted, but when I saw Gertie's version I all my doubts about the project melted away and I knew that I had to do it. (I use the past tense as if this didn't happen just a matter of moments ago.)
7. I am yawning about once every 45 seconds. It makes my eyes water.
8. I made a key lime pie over the weekend (actually two, but who's counting) and it was pretty good. I don't think it was all that pretty, but it was tart and sweet. And you know what? I just used the recipe on the side of the key lime juice bottle.
9. On Saturday night I made a pizza that could make a gourmet salivate. I used a can of stewed tomatoes, minced garlic, parsley, basil, some sugar and a pinch of salt for the sauce (blend in blender for 30 seconds until blended blendedly). I spread that over the crust (prepared with the help of my bread machine, pre-baked for five minutes or so) and baked the saucy crust for a few minutes. Then sprinkled chopped spinach and sliced mozzarella over the top, filled in the non-cheesy holes with Parmesan cheese and baked until golden brown. I surprised myself with this one.
10. My nickname for the cruise is "Lunch Lady." I really don't know why; it just makes me giggle every time I think about it.