Monday, March 22, 2010

Thoughts on thirty-one

  1. I thought about posting 31 thoughts about turning 31 today, but I'm not sure I have that many thoughts.
  2. Next year I will be 32, and will have as many years as Baskin Robbins has flavors. That's exciting.
  3. Now I'm really excited for my birthday next year.
  4. Maybe I should sew 31 new items of clothing in the next year. That would be ... calculating ... 2.5833333333 items a month. I think I could handle that.
  5. I have heartburn. Stress induced. This morning was stressful. Now the stress is over. Whew!
  6. Tonight I'm watching 24 with the Huz. Gosh I love that show.
  7. I worked on the Oscar de la Renta jacket this weekend and I am so proud of it. It's coming along nicely. Maybe I'll finish it this week?
  8. Maybe not though, because I ran out of bias tape and I have a few more edges to finish in bias tape.
  9. I guess I need to go back to the fabric store where I may or may not have spent a significant amount of money last week.
  10. I celebrated with my family on Saturday with pizza and cake. I wanted to make my cake, but I was out of eggs (how did I let that happen?) and was going to run to the store, but then I got involved in working on that jacket and then it was kind of late to try to make a cake, and TC and I still hadn't cleaned the house.
  11. So Costco came to the rescue. They had a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. The frosting was tops.
  12. My age is now a prime number, so that's pretty cool.
  13. Apparently TC's scientific-ness is rubbing off on me.
  14. The prime number thing popped into my head because I thought, "I'll never get to 31, why am I dragging this out?" And then I thought, "Oooh, I could do a number that's divisible by 31." But then that's when I realized that 31 is a prime number.
  15. Is this considered attention-seeking?
  16. Bah! Who knows. Who cares.
  17. Okay. I'm giving up
  18. at
  19. the
  20. number
  21. 21.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - one of the most talented and hard working ladies I know. Yes, you can be called a lady now that you're 31.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 31 is a good number. I was next to the Brighams last Saturday grabbing some boxes from my sisters old apartment.. and thought of you! It was like i KNEW it was your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Hope you've had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, we're all turning 31? I did not get this memo. I thought we were 21 this year? What? Happy Birthday! truly I'm not scared of 31, but it sure does sound WEIRD!
    PS. How many sewing projects did you do last year?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.