Thursday, March 4, 2010

What I ate: Loaded Nachos


Loosely based on a WW recipe in their best of 2006 cookbook, I made loaded nachos last night. And oh my word, they were delicious!

The cast of characters (for two servings):
1/2 lb of ground turkey
1/4 of a medium onion, chopped
3/4 tsp of chopped garlic
Taco seasoning
Salt and pepper
Bottled salsa

Chopped avocado
Chopped tomato
More salsa
Anaheim peppers
2 tbsp of cheddar (I used little cubes because that's what I had, but grated would probably work better)
Sour cream (fat free)
Tortilla chips

So, I mixed a bunch of taco seasoning with the ground turkey, then threw that, the onions and garlic into a skillet (non-stick, so I didn't use any oil). I cooked that up, breaking up the turkey, until it was all cooked, then I added salt and pepper and about 1/2 cup of salsa. I mixed it all together and cooked until it was no longer liquidy.

Then, I layered on a Styrofoam plate (all our real plates were dirty and far be it from me to pull things out of the dishwasher to wash them. by. hand.) tortilla chips, the meat mixture, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, peppers, salsa, and lastly, sour cream.



This was delicious. Seriously. I hardly even noticed that there so little cheese. I strongly recommend these "nachos."

1 comment:

  1. I want to try this for dinner tomorrow--it's something my whole family would love. Thanks! (I would try it tonight, but we're going to a fundraiser chili dinner, but I can't wait until tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.