Friday, March 12, 2010

Moderate sweat and financial panthers.

Because of time constraints and hunger constraints, we did a shorter weight routine last night. No panting like a dog, or sweating like a pig. But I did eat like a chicken nugget eating horse. Yum.

I have a little confession to make: I don't like to exercise. There's nothing about it that I enjoy. It's hard work and I hate it. Hate is a strong word, yes. But accurate. Bleh! The only ONLY reason I attempt to exercise is that it really helps my mental health. I feel good **AFTER** I exercise, emotionally. So there you go folks. I just had to get that off my chest because after I wrote about exercising yesterday I feared lest a dear reader would get the wrong idea about me. I AM chronically lazy; please don't think otherwise.

I have another confession to make: I really enjoy window shopping. Okay, really I just enjoy shopping altogether. But right now, TC and I have cracked down on our spending and are focused on saving so I haven't spent money on myself in a whole week! (That doesn't sound impressive, but before that I hadn't bought any wants, not frivolous clothing or food or anything, for like a month and even then it was fabric, which kind of doesn't count because fabric is actually a supply for personal development since sewing is a hobby, but if you don't count the fabric I really haven't bought any wants since like December. Apparently, that's a huge sacrifice for me.) So my remedy for now, until I get the whole thing under control is window shopping. Or really, screen shopping. I enjoy looking at the websites of various merchants and seeing what they have that's new, that's on sale... And I dream, and then I just "walk away." It's a lot easier to walk away from the screen than it is to walk away from a tangible item that you have touched, held in your hands, felt against your skin, caressed, fallen in love with, tried on, made room for in your heart, and unsuccessfully tried to imagine your life without...

So I have a problem. Apparently. What's a blog for if not to act as a confessional? Forgive me for I have shopped...

2 comments:

  1. hahah. that is too funny!! especially since you sound like me! about the shopping and exercise.. everything!
    it's a struggle to be me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very reassuring to me that you, a person who is successful at weight loss, also hates the process of exercising. Gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.